Tuesday 10 March 2009

I will drive your car home

Ok so here's the setting.

There I was standing in a trendy pub in Shoreditch. Check shirts, clear wayferers glasses. wide belts. Silly plimsoles.

A band comes on stage. I curiously watch them play with the synths while in my head I am thinking Wow.. I want one of those.

Still I stare thinking..... Wow these guys look familiar. But not being able to quite put my finger on it.

And than they start warming up. i sway along to the beat. Than start to hum it. But how do I know the rift so quick?

Than it dropped... I was listening to an alternative version "drive your car" one of my all time favourite songs.

Turning to my friend I announce " Holy crap ! This is grovsner!"

He replies and goes " yeah" ( as in yeah whats the big deal)

Lol unknown to him that these guys are one of my idols. The music they make ooo man, I want to make it too. ( i guess he lucked out?)

And what can I say it was fantastic !

I was of course waiting for my favourite song to be performed, Which I knew it would be the last :).

But everything from the guitar, vocals and synths ( which rocked my socks !)

Which classed this different from the rest.. the use of sax. An electro Soul clash.

What can I say it was a beautiful thing. The sax rounded it off well.

And me being totally star struck wanted to speak to the "main man"

It took me an hour to go up to him. And what can I say. It was great .

Although I would of liked to have gotten a real conversation in. Its fine.

It had me on a high all night and all day and still now if I must be honest.

I was skipping along singing " leopard skin and tiger eyes "

Anyway back to the music.

I would recommend anyone to go get the 12" vinyl of this track.

It has the original which Is a cosmic dream.

But also remixes from big names like :

Hot Chip ( chilled and cool. Great for early starters)
Bird Peterson ( party goers. Great remix from the B.more Master)
Oliver $ ( again a party tune, More up beat)

There is also A 7" which has the original tune and a rebel version ( great for an early set) Which is more soulful.

Check out this and more on his myspace page.

( search for it you lazy gits)


"Clouds above and drains Below."

ChellShock Out XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment