Sunday 8 March 2009

SOAP (CA)


Okay, so finally after loads of ass kicking by ChellShock here’s my first blog entry. Well I’m SOAP (CA), that stands for Son Of A Preacher Man (CELEBRITIES ANONYMOUS). I’m one half of THE WRONG PEOPLE and I’m one half of CELEBRITIES ANONYMOUS. I love to mix up Electro, House, Punk, Rock, Retro, Pop, Indie, Hip Hop, Disco and whatever else feels good at the time. I first met ChellShock less than a year ago while I was still in London. She instantly blew me away with her DJ skills when she played at an underground night I hosted deep in the East end of town. As time past we formed THE WRONG PEOPLE. Unfortunately, due to current global economic crisis I’m now living in Melbourne and ChellShock is still in London. But we’re working on getting her out here as soon as possible. Anyone who wants to help out our cause don’t hesitate to get in touch…

Here’s a link to the last mix I did before I left London: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d2ranj

Here’s a link to THE WRONG PEOPLE’S first remix, it’s of Dusty Springfield’s “Son Of A Preacher Man:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/55938928ed4da49d/


Now, in classic blogging styleee I’m going to rant on about shit that I love. Apart from my decks and mixer, which are still making their way from London to Melbourne (I’m going through withdrawals without them), I have a few other favourite things. I shall now let you out there know what they are:

Skinny Jeans: In particular my Wrangler “Stranglers”. They absolutely ROCK! They are proper stretch super skinny jeans, yet with enough room so my manhood doesn’t get crushed. I also have a vintage pair of Wrangler “Nevada” but they’re a bit too high in the waist and not as skin tight as my “Stranglers”. Uni-Qlo also make awesome skinny jeans and I have a few pairs but they are not quite as ROCKSTAR as the “Stranglers”. I’m just trying to get hold a black Wranglers denim jacket but that isn’t in the budget right now… Check out: http://www.wrangler-ap.com/

Vans Old Skool Skate shoes: I love; Classic Slip-Ons, Authentics, Eras and Sk8 Hi-Tops – all of those ROCK! I got me a little collection of them but you can never have too many pairs of Vans. My favorite pair right now is my black and pink checkerboard Classic Slip-Ons. Unfortunately, they’re wearing out and I can’t get half sizes here in Australia so I’ve got to wait until ChellShock brings me a pair over when she comes. However, the all black Authentics are always right up there too. They go with anything and always look the business… Check out: http://www.vans.com/vans/intl.html

Ray-Ban sunglasses: I feel naked if I leave the house without my white Ray-Ban Wayfarers. Probably the most classic sunglasses of all time. If I had the cash, I’d have a pair in every colour they do… Check out: http://www.rayban.com/ and if you want to geek out and get the history of them go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray-Ban_Wayfarer












Feel The Love

SOAP (CA)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment